Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ambient Environmentals


enviro experiment (mojos)
Originally uploaded by clickykbd.

Another twist on camera tossing, when in an ambiently lit environment, the result tends to be nothing much except for a record of the color palette. I decided to see how well it worked and created this overlayed mosaic to see if I could record an environment this way.

It reminds me of the location, a coffeehouse I have been going to for 5 years. But of course I've spent a great deal of time there, and perhaps that is why.

Blogger user Shawn Kielty left some more examples of this effect via comment recently. His remind me of a sand-storm, which might be an indication color and texture alone can record an environment, because he later admits they are landscape camera tosses in the desert wilderness where he lives.

No comments: